It's much cooler today, 17 degrees centigrade is forecast, and it’s windy.
Adele, our neighbour and friend in Circle Bay, Stuart, Florida, rang this afternoon. She has found someone who wants to rent our place. We had asked her few weeks ago to let us know if she knew of anyone looking to rent and she has been asked by a couple if it can be rented for four months, January – April next year and could they cancel without penalty if the coronavirus affected their plans. We have agreed.
We bought the place in 2004, a two bed, two bath condominium on a marina by the St Lucie River and have been going there twice a year for several weeks at a time ever since. The virus has put a stop to that this year, and we were thinking of selling but the three of us can’t agree. I want to, Cyril does not want to (he enjoys the golf out there too much) and Heather can be persuaded either way. Renting it out will help to keep the running cost down even though Heather is not keen on letting complete stranger move into our "little piece of heaven" as the residents of Circle Bay often call it.